Safer Walsall Partnership
Op Calibre - Tackling Neighbourhood Crime
Updated: Dec 20, 2022
As part of Operation Calibre, our officers are putting on patrols in known robbery hot spot locations across Walsall.
Be extra careful when out shopping this festive season, and be sure to keep your possessions close.
There are some general street safety tips you can follow to help you feel safer and reduce your chances of becoming a victim.
· Listen to your instincts - if you don't feel safe move to a busier area.
· Know your route and avoid badly-lit streets.
· Always try and tell someone where you're going and when you'll be back.
· If you take a different route home from your friends, let each other know that you've arrived safely. Call or text your friend once you arrive home safely.
· Carry your bag securely. Put the strap across your body and make sure the fasteners are facing you.
· If you use a cashpoint, try to do so during daylight hours and, wherever possible, use the machines situated inside the building society or bank. If you have to use a cashpoint at night go with a friend and stay alert to other people on the street.
· Avoid carrying your wallet or phone in your back pocket and never hold it out on display.
For more tips and crime prevention advice, visit our quick handbook here > Robbery and theft | Your Options | West Midlands Police (west-midlands.police.uk)